Medicine Park Telephone Company was formed in 1958 when the Edward A. Hilliary, Jr. and wife Alice Jo purchased the telephone system in Medicine Park from the Wolverton Family. At that time the system had 100 subscribers. Junior set out to upgrade and enhance the system, among them was installing a Step-by-Step telephone switch that was decommissioned from a Naval ship. The original Central Office is located at the corner of East Lake Dr. & Forrest Ave, and is currently undergoing renovations to provide additional office and meeting space for the community. The system has continued to steadily grow over the course of 55 years.
Medicine Park Telephone has been on the leading edge of technology since its inception. In 1980 the first all-digital switch in Oklahoma, a DMS 10, was installed providing single party service. In 2000, with a $4,000,000 construction project, Medicine Park was one of the first telephone companies in the state to offer DSL service to 100% of its service area.
Since 1958, the Hilliary’s & Medicine Park Telephone have invested over $14,000,000 within the service territory to better service their customers.
Company officers include:
Chairman of the Board
Chief Financial Officer